Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amazing new TV show on PBS

One of the fantastic things about Tivo is the way it learns about you. I know this might seem creepy to some people but I am into software and this is a bit like software I have worked on in the past. I will say that Tivo knows their stuff, it is very good software. Anyways, my Tivo pointed me in the direction of a new reality series/documentary that PBS has done called Carrier. I downloaded (free!) a 25 minute preview from Amazon Unbox onto the Tivo and realized at the end my jaw was just hanging. The footage was beautiful, the people that they have built the show around are just regular joes, and the concept is just amazing. There are 10 episodes and each one focuses on a different theme. The one that got me was the one on faith, they apparently focused an episode on faith in God, faith in the USA, faith in their mission, faith in each other. It was amazing. I'm not going to lie here, I have always regretted not joining the military out of high school (I was about two heartbeats away from joining the Marine Corps) and this was really pulling at my heart strings.

Anyways, it looks like they have/will have all of the episodes online and you should be able to pick it up for free over the air. I would suggest watching it!

Linky

0 comments:

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys